So yes, I am a woman
No. I am not a man
What do I think about this?
I find nothing amiss
No. I am not unfortunate
No. I dont condemn my fate
No. I dont have any hate
Not for you at any rate
If its a problem its yours
For greviance I have no cause
Among women I am free
A freedom you will never see
You don't want me near
Something about me you fear
You made me think ill of myself
And made me sit on the unused shelf
You made a goddess out of me
you worshipped me endlessly
You wanted to love me
But for it, you blamed me
No, I never really needed you
But you never took the cue
You wished for power and money
And the symbol that was me
Why rule or be ruled?
Why should resentment be fueled?
Why fear or be feared?
Why can't everyone be heard?
Oh yes you let me vote
But you did not read what I wrote
Women should stay at home you said
To love and be loved and end up dead
You gave me lipstick and a gown
And then you called me a clown
You wanted not weight but height
But you made fun of my diet
You designed the games I should play
When I didn't win you laughed away
You beat me and made me cry
And then you said, "Men don't cry"
You cried your heart out, to me, no end
I get your love for having listened?
You were sick and I helped you
And for that you said, " I love you"?
In your world you think you are king
Sorry. That world is not to my liking
A woman I am, a women I'll be
I won't be you, 'cause I don't want to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Feminism on the move!!!! :)
Ah! To be able to express like that!
Women should stay at home you said
To love and be loved and end up dead
so true,
spellbound!!
Think its time for a rule change. Only if 3 new people comment will I put a new poem
unfair to those who are sincerely reading and commenting!!ain't it?? preference to us.. what is human rights commission doing??
Mindblowing ! I am going to follow suit .
You wanted to love me
But for it, you blamed me.
Been there eh??
your rule change made me comment.a first for me.great going and we want more !
Himani
wow, great one amritha :) keep the good work going
the counte: three new comments!!
Whoa... 9 comments thanks everyone. I am touched Himani. And thanks to my faithful admirers who find something good in all poems miraculously.
Post a Comment