I don’t have answers, I have only questions
Questions that go round and round in my head
In a search of an answer that makes some sense
But all I get is sadness instead
I think and think to find a solution
But not one occurs and hope ebbs
How can you reconcile your past and now
When the two are like the skies and the glebes
There are memories of happiness
There were arguments of bitterness
The memories turn sour in your mouth
The arguments loom in their ugliness
Your friends some help and some don’t
Your elders say, I told you so
Some love to advise you, that you were wrong
Some indifferent ones turn their face and go
I ask not to be judged but to be understood
I ask you to see the reasons behind
I ask not pity but help
I ask you to see and not be blind
And I get into my skin for no one else will
And I think more and get nowhere
I try to find somewhere to be alone
But my thoughts keep company everywhere
What hope lies ahead I know not
What I look forward to I know not
I am not looking; I am afraid to see
To see a future when I have forgot
Life and love, joy and grief
Can both be forgotten without a thought
But you oughtn’t to forget your mistakes
Then all your experience is only for nought
4 comments:
Hey Amritha, Excellent poem.
But whatever you do, dont lose hope as that is one thing you can rely on. Hope that the future will always be bright. :)
When questions swirl in your head
and lonely paths you seem to tread
When you know not if hope lies ahead
and bitter words are all that is said
Hey Jude!!refrain,
Don't carry the world upon your shoulder.
For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.
a very detailed poem that was!!
There are memories of happiness
There were arguments of bitterness
The memories turn sour in your mouth
The arguments loom in their ugliness
liked these lines the most..
Great poem...expresses the vagaries of hope perfectly.
And you make a great point when you talk about people advising you and judging you instead of understanding you.
Post a Comment