Saturday, March 10, 2012

The invisible collar

Of finest fiber soft as silk
woven, name engraven, was given, my collar
Beautifully invisible
my neck drags, head sags, fur snags on my collar
Loyal to my master
loving, glowing, showing, my collar
While I feel pain
I bear, tear at but still wear my collar
Don't resent it says my master
You're allowed, he avowed to be proud,of your collar
I'll protect you he continued
It's a sign that you're mine. "Don't cross this line" says your collar
One day I take it off
Free, float lightly, roam happily without my collar
But another master finds me
Beaten, and trodden on, again and again without my collar
I return home to my master
My recourse, with a curse, he sat to nurse my collar
A dog has to be faithful
Obey rules, eat gruels, suffer cruels, and wear the collar
Its a dog's life I think to myself
A life without rhyme, reason or meaning without a collar

2 comments: